The Assistant Athletic Director will work alongside the Athletic Director to manage, oversee and enhance the athletic department of the organization.
- Assist Athletic Director in planning, organizing, and directing all aspects of the athletic department.
- Coordinate athletic department events, including working with coaches, officials, and event staff to ensure successful execution.
- Manage athletic department budget with guidance and approval from the Athletic Director.
- Work with Athletic Director to develop fundraising and sponsorship opportunities to support athletic department needs.
- Ensure compliance with NCAA and conference rules and regulations.
- Oversee student-athlete academic progress and eligibility.
- Supervise athletic department staff and coaches, including hiring, training, and performance management.
- Assist with game day operations, including ticket sales, concessions, and crowd control.
- Collaborate with campus departments and external organizations to promote the athletic department and enhance the student-athlete experience.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director.
- Bachelor's degree in related field; Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in athletic administration or related field.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and athletic department software programs.
- Availability to work evenings and weekends as required by the position.
As an institution, hiring an Assistant Athletic Director can be instrumental in effectively managing and driving a successful athletic department. A well-written job posting will help you find the right individual for the position. In this article, we will be discussing how to create an Assistant Athletic Director job posting.
The job description should give applicants an understanding of the responsibilities and duties that come with the role. In this section, you want to highlight what the assistant athletic director will be expected to do in your organization. This may include:
- Assisting the Athletic Director in developing and executing athletic programs and events
- Managing the athletic department budget and ensuring financial responsibility
- Overseeing and supervising internal operations of the athletic department, including scheduling and transportation of athletic teams, maintenance of athletic facilities, and equipment management
- Monitoring academic progress and eligibility of student-athletes in collaboration with academic advisors and compliance officers
- Acting as a liaison to external organizations, including the NCAA and other athletic conferences
Qualifications and Requirements
This section should outline the qualifications and requirements for the position. Key attributes to consider when creating the job posting include:
- A bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in athletic administration and management
- Extensive knowledge of NCAA regulations and policies
- Excellent leadership, communication, and organizational skills
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the athletic department and across campus
- Experience with event management and fundraising is a plus
The application process should be clearly outlined, including details about who to contact, application deadline, what documents to submit (resume, cover letter, references, etc.), and instructions on how to apply. You may also want to mention any preferred application format or due date. This information should be provided to candidates in a clear and concise manner.
An Assistant Athletic Director is a key member of an institution’s athletic department, and finding the right individual is critical to its success. By following these steps and creating a job posting that accurately captures the responsibilities, qualifications, and application process, you will be able to attract top talent to your organization.
Frequently asked questions on creating Assistant Athletic Director job posting
As the role of Assistant Athletic Director continues to grow and evolve in the sports industry, it has become increasingly important to create a job posting that accurately reflects the unique responsibilities and qualifications of the position. Here are some frequently asked questions about creating an Assistant Athletic Director job posting.