We are seeking an Assistant Golf Professional to join our team. As an Assistant Golf Professional, you will help manage and maintain the golf course, provide excellent customer service to our members and guests, and assist with golf operations.
- Assist with golf operations such as tee sheet management, golf shop sales, golf cart fleet inventory, and tournament organization.
- Help manage and maintain the golf course, including monitoring pace of play, setting up the course for play each day, and overseeing the maintenance staff.
- Provide excellent customer service to members and guests, including greeting players, answering questions, booking tee times, and handling customer complaints or issues.
- Instruct and lead clinics, lessons, and golf schools for players of all abilities and ages.
- Assist with golf events and tournaments, including preparation, execution, and follow-up for each event.
- Perform club fittings and club repair services for members and guests.
- Maintain accurate records, including player profiles, lesson schedules, handicap information, inventory, and daily cash reconciliation.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, golf technology, and teaching techniques through ongoing training and education.
- PGA or LPGA Membership
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of golf operations, including tournament organization, course set-up, and golf cart maintenance
- Ability to teach and lead golf instruction for players of all abilities and ages
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and golf management software
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays
If you are passionate about golf and providing excellent customer service, please apply for this exciting opportunity today!
If you are running a golf course, club or resort, then you require the services of an Assistant Golf Professional. Hiring the right candidate who has the requisite skills, qualifications and experience can help you in delivering an excellent golf experience to your customers. In this article, we will walk you through the steps for creating an effective Assistant Golf Professional job posting that will attract top talent in the industry.
The first step in creating an Assistant Golf Professional job posting is to write a clear and concise job description that outlines the duties and responsibilities of the position. You should include the following:
- Provide instruction to members and guests regarding the proper techniques of golf
- Assist in the organization and execution of tournaments and events
- Provide exceptional customer service to members and guests
- Maintain a clean and organized golf shop
- Assist with daily golf course operations such as cart management and range set up
- Assist in managing the golf handicap system
- Create golfing packages and promotions to attract more customers
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Golf Professional
The next step is to list the qualifications and experience required for the Assistant Golf Professional position. You could include the following:
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Golf Management or related field
- PGA/LPGA membership or apprenticeship in the PGA/LPGA program
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an Assistant Golf Professional or related position
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work weekends and holidays
- Proficient in using golf software such as GolfNow and Golf Genius
- Knowledge of golf course and shop operations
Salary and Benefits
You should also mention the salary and benefits you are offering for the Assistant Golf Professional position. This could include:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
- 401K plan and health benefits
- Golfing privileges
- Uniform and equipment provided
- Opportunity for professional development and advancement
How to Apply
The final step is to provide information on how prospective candidates can apply for the Assistant Golf Professional position. You could include the following:
- Send a cover letter and resume to the email address provided
- Include the position title in the subject line of the email
- Provide contact information for follow-up or questions
Creating an effective Assistant Golf Professional job posting requires careful consideration of the job duties, requirements, benefits and how to apply. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can create an interesting and informative job posting that will attract top talent in the industry and help your customers enjoy an exceptional golf experience.
What is an Assistant Golf Professional?
An Assistant Golf Professional is a role that works within a golf facility with the aim of providing help to the head Golf Professional in the daily activities of the facility, including coaching, supervising the services provided, and being responsible for golf club activities. The Assistant Golf Professional plays a significant role in assisting in a range of activities such as coaching, course management, running clinics, and assisting in the store.
What are the qualifications for an Assistant Golf Professional?
What are the responsibilities of an Assistant Golf Professional?
The Assistant Golf Professional will be responsible for handling the daily duties of a golfing facility, which includes activities such as coaching, course management, running clinics, and assisting in the store. Other activities include:
What are the qualities of an ideal Assistant Golf Professional?
What are the benefits of hiring an Assistant Golf Professional?
Employing an Assistant Golf Professional brings several benefits to your golf facility. These include:
What are the key skills to look for when recruiting for an Assistant Golf Professional?
What are the practical ways to attract Assistant Golf Professionals?
Here are some tips to find outstanding candidates for your Assistant Golf Professional job:
What is the hiring process for an Assistant Golf Professional?
The hiring process for an Assistant Golf Professional involves several steps, including: