An Assistant Media Planner is responsible for supporting the media planning team in developing and executing effective media plans. They analyze data and research to identify opportunities for media placement, create and maintain media schedules, and communicate with internal and external team members.
- Conduct research on target audiences, media channels, and industry trends
- Assist in the development of media plans based on campaign objectives
- Create and maintain media schedules
- Coordinate with internal and external team members to ensure timely implementation of media plans
- Provide support in the negotiations and buying process of media
- Monitor and analyze media performance to identify opportunities for optimization
- Prepare reports on media campaign performance and present findings to the team
- Stay up-to-date with new media trends and technologies
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising, or related field
- Previous experience in media planning or related field is a plus
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret complex data
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and media planning tools such as comScore and Nielsen
This position typically works in an office environment and may require occasional travel to attend client meetings and industry events.
As a company seeking an Assistant Media Planner, you want to make sure that your job posting is enticing and detailed enough to attract the most qualified candidates. Here are a few tips to craft an effective Assistant Media Planner job posting:
Job Title and Overview
Your job title and overview should be short and to the point. A good Assistant Media Planner job title could be: "Assistant Media Planner - Join our team!"
The overview should briefly describe the responsibilities and qualifications for the position. One example could be: "We are seeking a creative and detail-oriented Assistant Media Planner to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for assisting in the planning, buying, and execution of various media campaigns while ensuring the highest level of accuracy and efficiency."
The responsibilities section should outline the key duties of the Assistant Media Planner. Here are some potential responsibilities to include:
- Assist senior media planners in creating, updating and managing media plans with a focus on accuracy and maximizing performance
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather and analyze marketing and media research data to improve campaigns
- Prepare and develop various reports showing campaign performance for internal and external stakeholders
- Manage day-to-day communication with vendors and internal teams to ensure successful campaign execution
- Closely monitor budgets to ensure campaigns remain within set parameters
The qualifications section should describe the experience, education, and skills required to be successful in the Assistant Media Planner role. Here are some potential qualifications to include:
- Bachelor's degree in advertising, marketing, communications, or related field
- 1-2 years of experience in a media planning/buying role, or relevant internship experience
- Strong communication, organization and project management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint or Google Slides, and G Suite
- Experience with media planning and buying tools such as DoubleClick, MediaOcean or similar platforms
The company culture section should give an overview of your company's values, goals, and work environment. This is an excellent opportunity to showcase why talented candidates should want to work with you. Here are some ideas:
- Highlight company benefits such as health insurance, retirement plans, and paid time off
- Share some fun facts about your company's culture, such as company outings or team-building activities
- Emphasize your mission as a company and how this role contributes to that mission
The application instructions section should clearly outline the application process. This section should include the following information:
- The deadline for applications
- The email address or link for application submission
- What documents are required, such as a resume and cover letter
- Any additional application instructions, such as whether samples of past work are required
Creating an effective Assistant Media Planner job posting requires a bit of thought and planning, but it's worth it to attract the best candidates. By following these tips, you can craft an attractive job posting that helps your company find its next great hire.
What is an Assistant Media Planner?
An Assistant Media Planner is a junior-level professional responsible for assisting in the planning, implementation, and tracking of media plans for clients. They work closely with the Media Planner to ensure media plans meet the client's goals and objectives.
What are the typical qualifications needed for an Assistant Media Planner?
What are the day-to-day responsibilities of an Assistant Media Planner?
Some of the day-to-day responsibilities of an Assistant Media Planner include:
What skills are important to highlight in an Assistant Media Planner job posting?
Some important skills to highlight in an Assistant Media Planner job posting include:
What are some common requirements for an Assistant Media Planner job posting?
Some common requirements for an Assistant Media Planner job posting include: