The Assistant Property Manager will assist with the daily management and operations of a residential or commercial property, including leasing, maintenance, and tenant relations. The Assistant Property Manager will report directly to the Property Manager and work closely with the property management team to ensure the property's success.
- Assist with the leasing process, including preparing lease agreements, conducting tours, and processing applications.
- Communicate with tenants and respond to inquiries and concerns promptly.
- Coordinate maintenance requests and repairs with maintenance staff and/or vendors.
- Assist with move-in and move-out inspections, ensuring proper documentation and record keeping.
- Maintain accurate records of all leasing and tenant activities, rent payments and delinquencies, and maintenance requests.
- Assist with the preparation of reports for property owners, supervisors, and regulatory agencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Property Manager.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, real estate management, or related field.
- Experience working in property management, leasing, and maintenance.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well with others.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and property management software.
- Familiarity with Fair Housing Laws and other state and federal regulations.
The Assistant Property Manager may be required to lift heavy objects, climb stairs, and work in high places occasionally. He/she may also be asked to work outside in adverse weather conditions.
The Assistant Property Manager will work in an office and on-site at a residential or commercial property. He/she may be required to work weekends and/or evenings occasionally to accommodate tenant schedules.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all qualified individuals to apply for this position. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Who is an Assistant Property Manager?
An assistant property manager is responsible for supporting property managers with their daily tasks, such as leasing units, maintaining properties, handling tenant requests, and negotiating leases. They work closely with tenants, landlords, and maintenance staff to ensure that properties are running smoothly.
When creating an assistant property manager job posting, it's important to be detailed about the responsibilities of the role. The job description should include the following information:
- Assist the property manager in managing day-to-day operations of the property
- Process lease applications, prepare leases and lease renewals
- Schedule repairs and maintenance requests, supervise repairs and maintenance of the property
- Ensure that tenants pay rent on time and handle any issues that may arise
- Answer tenant questions and handle complaints in a professional and timely manner
- Ensure that the property is clean, well-maintained, and meets all safety regulations
- Develop a strong knowledge of the property, the surrounding area, and available amenities
Qualifications and Requirements
In order for an assistant property manager to be successful, they need to have certain qualifications and requirements. When creating a job posting, make sure to include these qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in property management or a related field
- At least 2 years of experience in property management or a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of property management software and Microsoft Office suite
Company Culture and Benefits
In addition to the job description and qualifications, it's important to highlight your company culture and the benefits of working for your organization. This will help attract top talent to your job posting. When creating an assistant property manager job posting, make sure to include information about the following:
- Company values and mission statement
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Training and development opportunities
- Flexible work schedule and work-life balance
- Diversity and inclusion initiatives
As you create your assistant property manager job posting, keep in mind that the job description, qualifications, and benefits are all important factors that will attract top candidates to your organization. By being clear and concise in your job posting, and highlighting your company culture and benefits, you can ensure that you find the right person for the job.
What is the role of an Assistant Property Manager?
An Assistant Property Manager provides support to the Property Manager in managing day-to-day activities related to a property. They assist with screening tenants, handling maintenance issues and repairs, ensuring compliance with lease agreements, and supervising support staff.
What are the qualifications needed for an Assistant Property Manager?
What are the responsibilities of an Assistant Property Manager?
What is the expected salary range for an Assistant Property Manager?
The expected salary range for an Assistant Property Manager can vary widely depending on the type of property and location. According to Glassdoor, the national average salary for an Assistant Property Manager is approximately $47,000 annually.