As a Development Coordinator, you will coordinate and support fundraising efforts for a nonprofit organization. You will work collaboratively with the development team, volunteers, and board members to plan and implement fundraising campaigns, events, and activities.
- Coordinate and support fundraising campaigns, events, and activities
- Assist with the preparation of grant proposals and reports
- Maintain donor and prospect databases
- Collaborate with the communications team to create marketing materials
- Manage donor recognition and stewardship activities
- Assist with the planning and execution of special events
- Provide support to volunteer committees and fundraising campaigns
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the annual fundraising plan
- Bachelor's degree in nonprofit management, fundraising, or a related field
- 2-3 years of experience in nonprofit fundraising or development
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and donor databases
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff, volunteers, and donors
- Passion for social justice and a commitment to the mission of the organization
Our organization is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
If you want to hire a Development Coordinator for your company, you need to create a job posting that accurately reflects the position and attracts the right candidates. Here are some tips to help you create an effective Development Coordinator job posting that gets noticed.
Job Title and Summary
The first thing you need to do is choose a clear and concise job title that accurately reflects the position. In this case, the job title would be Development Coordinator. Make sure the title is easy to understand and reflects the level of responsibility and experience required for the job.
Next, write a brief summary of the position. This should include a few sentences that explain what the job entails and what the ideal candidate would bring to the position.
Outline the key responsibilities of the Development Coordinator position. Use bullet points to make the information easy to read and understand.
Qualifications and Skills
List the qualifications and skills required for the Development Coordinator position. This section should include both education and experience requirements as well as any specific competencies that are essential for success in the role.
When describing the application process, be clear about what you need from applicants and what they can expect from you. Provide specific instructions on how to apply and who to contact with questions.
Creating an effective Development Coordinator job posting requires some thought and effort, but it’s worth it to ensure that you attract the best candidates for the position. By following these guidelines, you can increase your chances of finding the right candidate to help your organization achieve its fundraising goals.
What is a Development Coordinator?
A Development Coordinator is responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with donors to support an organization's fundraising efforts. They work with other staff members to develop fundraising strategies, coordinate special events, and manage databases of donors.
What should be included in a Development Coordinator job posting?
- A brief about the organization’s goals and mission statement
- The key responsibilities of the role
- Requirements such as educational qualifications, experience, and skills
- The salary and benefits package offered
- Instructions on how to apply for the position
What are the required qualifications for a Development Coordinator?
A bachelor's degree in communication, non-profit management, or another related field is usually required. Some employers may prefer a master's degree in these areas. Experience in fundraising, event planning, and donor relations is also essential. Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills are important.
What are some typical responsibilities of a Development Coordinator?
- Develop and implement fundraising strategies and campaigns
- Manage donor databases and maintain accurate records of all donations and communication
- Coordinate special events and fundraising activities
- Write grant proposals and applications for funding
- Provide donors with regular updates on the organization's projects and initiatives
What qualities should a Development Coordinator possess?
A successful Development Coordinator should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong organizational abilities, the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, and be attentive to details. Additionally, having a deep understanding of the organization's mission and an unwavering commitment to its success are important qualities.
What are some methods to evaluate a candidate’s suitability for the role?
- Review their past work experience: Did they have experience in fundraising, event planning, and donor relations?
- Assess their communication and interpersonal skills through an interview process
- Look for evidence that the candidate has a passion for the organization's mission
- Check their references and get input on their ability to work as part of a team
- Assess their organizational skills and attention to detail by asking them to complete a test project or other evaluation methods