A doorman is responsible for maintaining security and providing excellent customer service and assistance for guests and residents of a building.
- Welcome guests and residents, opening doors and assisting with their needs
- Screen visitors and ensure only authorized individuals are allowed into the building
- Monitor security cameras and report any suspicious activity to management or security personnel
- Receive and manage deliveries, including packages and mail
- Maintain a clean and organized lobby area
- Assist residents with special requests, such as scheduling repairs or appointments
- Provide information about local attractions, restaurants, and transportation to guests
- Respond to emergencies, such as medical situations or fires
- Prior customer service experience is preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Knowledge of basic security procedures and protocols
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods and lift packages up to 50 pounds
The average annual salary for a doorman is $32,000 to $40,000 per year.
Doorman plays an essential role in securing and monitoring building premises. They help maintain the safety and order of the business property while welcoming and assisting guests. However, creating a doorman job posting can be overwhelming, especially for a first-timer. Here’s a detailed guide on how to craft a doorman job posting that attracts the best candidates.
Job Title, Summary, and Responsibilities
The job title should be straightforward and simple. Use ‘Doorman’ or ‘Building Doorman,’ and add a brief summary of the role. You can use something like; ‘We are searching for a reliable doorman to safeguard our building premises and assist our tenants and guests.’
- Greet and monitor guests and tenants entering and leaving the building.
- Maintain security measures by screening visitors and directing them to their desired location.
- Ensure that the building parking lot and entrances are free from litter, debris, ice, and snow.
- Show guests the way to their destinations, such as conference rooms, elevators or restrooms.
- Provide special assistance to guests with disabilities or other needs.
Ensure that you have included all the crucial responsibilities of a doorman job.
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior relevant work experience is preferred
- Excellent communication skills and customer service experience
- A clear understanding of safety and security protocols
- A calm and composed demeanor when handling tough situations
Working Hours and Benefits
Provide information about the working hours and benefits offered to the doorman. Specify if the job is part-time or full-time, and if there will be any night or weekend shifts.
- Competitive salary range based on experience level
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Retirement savings plans (401k) or pension plans
- Growth and advancement opportunities
The above guide should give you a good base to create a doorman job posting for your needs. A well-crafted job posting is the first step to attracting the best candidates for the position. Remember to proofread the job description for spelling and grammar mistakes and also ensure that the information provided is accurate and relevant. Good luck!
Frequently asked questions on creating Doorman job posting
What should I include in a Doorman job posting?
A Doorman job posting should include the job title, job description, responsibilities, requirements, salary range, benefits, and working hours. You should also mention the location of the job and any specific qualifications needed such as experience, licenses, or certifications.
How do I make my Doorman job posting stand out?
To make your Doorman job posting stand out, you should use clear and concise language and focus on the unique aspects of the job. Highlight any perks or benefits that come with the job, such as healthcare, retirement plans, or opportunities for career growth. Also, use attention-grabbing headlines and descriptions that showcase the job's importance and how it will benefit the company.
What qualifications should I look for in a Doorman?
The qualifications to look for in a Doorman may vary depending on the specific job and requirements of the location. However, you should look for someone who has strong communication and customer service skills. Knowledge of safety protocols, the ability to handle emergency situations, and a friendly demeanor are also essential traits for a Doorman. It is also important to look for someone who has attention to detail, is physically fit, and can work flexible hours.
How do I write a job description for a Doorman?
When writing a job description for a Doorman, you should emphasize their customer service skills, physical capabilities, and knowledge of safety protocols. Also mention any specific duties or responsibilities such as monitoring security cameras, greeting tenants and guests, or assisting with packages or deliveries. Lastly, provide information about the benefits of the job, such as health insurance or paid time off.
Should I require a background check for a Doorman?
Yes, it is recommended that you require a background check for a Doorman. As a Doorman has access to private property and interacts with tenants and guests, it is essential to ensure they have a clean criminal record. You should also verify their employment history and references to ensure they are qualified for the job.
How much should I pay a Doorman?
The salary for a Doorman may vary depending on location, job responsibilities, and experience. According to Payscale, the average hourly pay for a Doorman is around $15.00. However, some Doorman jobs in high-end properties or large urban areas may have a higher salary range.
How do I list the job requirements for a Doorman?
When listing the job requirements for a Doorman, you should specify the physical abilities needed for the job, such as being able to stand for long periods of time or lift heavy objects. You should also list any prerequisite qualifications such as a high school diploma or a security guard license. Mention the required experience, if any, and any soft skills, such as communication or problem-solving.