The Executive Steward manages and supervises the cleanliness and organization of the kitchen and dining areas in a restaurant or hotel. The Executive Steward ensures that the kitchen and dining equipment are properly maintained, all storage areas are properly arranged, and the quality of service provided meets the highest standards.
- Oversee the cleanliness of the kitchen and dining areas on a daily basis.
- Ensure that food and beverage equipment are properly cleaned and maintained.
- Organize the storage areas properly to ensure easy access to equipment and reduce the risk of accidents.
- Manage and direct the activities of stewards and cleaners to ensure a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene is maintained in the kitchen and dining areas.
- Ensure compliance with government regulations on cleanliness and hygiene standards in the public areas of the restaurant or hotel.
- Maintain records of inventory, breakages, orders, and supplies and make recommendations for the purchase of new equipment or supplies as needed to management.
- Develop and implement cleaning schedules and protocols to ensure the work is completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Conduct regular training sessions to update staff on new cleaning and hygiene techniques.
- Liaise with the management team to develop policies and procedures for the overall running of the restaurant or hotel.
- Supervise the loading and unloading of deliveries and check the quality of the delivered items to ensure consistency with orders.
- Ensure that any problems that occur in the kitchen or dining areas are addressed and resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Prior experience in a similar role in a restaurant or hotel is highly desirable.
- A high school diploma or equivalent qualification is required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Must be highly organized and capable of multitasking effectively.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work long hours and weekends as needed in a dynamic environment.
- Strong leadership and management skills are required.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and coach and develop team members.
Creating an effective Executive Steward job posting is crucial in attracting highly qualified candidates for this position. An Executive Steward is responsible for overseeing the overall operations of a restaurant or hotel's food and beverage department. They must have excellent leadership and management skills, exceptional communication skills, and be knowledgeable in all aspects of food and beverage.
The job description section of the job posting should clearly outline the duties and responsibilities of the Executive Steward position. It should include an overview of the job, including what the Executive Steward will be responsible for, such as:
- Overseeing all food and beverage operations
- Managing and overseeing staff
- Ensuring the quality of food and beverages
- Managing inventory and ordering supplies
- Ensuring all health and safety regulations are being followed
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures
Qualifications and Skills
The qualifications and skills section of the job posting should highlight the necessary qualifications and skills required for the Executive Steward position. It can include:
- A degree in hospitality, restaurant management, or a related field
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks at once
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations
The working environment section of the job posting should describe the work environment and conditions of the Executive Steward position. It can include:
- The physical demands of the job, such as standing or walking for long periods of time
- The type of establishment, such as a restaurant, hotel, or catering company
- The hours and days of the week the Executive Steward is expected to work
- The work atmosphere, such as a fast-paced environment
Salary and Benefits
The salary and benefits section of the job posting should include information on the compensation and benefits package for the Executive Steward position. It can include:
- The salary range for the position
- Any bonus or commission structures
- Detailed information on benefits, such as health insurance, paid time off, retirement plans, and more
Creating a successful Executive Steward job posting can be crucial in attracting the most qualified candidates for this position. Be sure to clearly outline the job description, qualifications, working environment, salary, and benefits in the posting to help interested candidates understand what the position entails and what they can expect from working as an Executive Steward.
What is an Executive Steward?
An Executive Steward is a managerial position within the hospitality industry responsible for the overall supervision and management of the kitchen and dining services. They typically oversee the selection, training and management of kitchen staff, ensure high-quality food production, and manage kitchen inventory and budget.
Who is qualified for an Executive Steward position?
A successful candidate for an Executive Steward position should have several years of experience in the hospitality industry and a proven track record of managing kitchen operations. Additionally, they should possess strong communication and leadership skills, be able to work well under pressure, and have a good understanding of food safety regulations and practices.
What should be included in an Executive Steward job posting?
An Executive Steward job posting should include a job title, a brief description of the position, responsibilities and duties, required qualifications, work experience, educational qualifications, skills, and benefits of the job. Additionally, include information on how to apply for the job, including any application deadlines and desired start date.
What are the usual qualifications for an Executive Steward position?
Typically, candidates for this position are required to hold a Bachelor's degree in hospitality management, food service management or a related field, and have at least five years of experience in the hospitality industry, with two years in a managerial position. Additionally, they should have a good understanding of food safety regulations and practices, excellent communication and leadership skills, and be able to work well under pressure.
What skills are necessary for an Executive Steward position?
Some of the essential skills required for an Executive Steward position include strong communication and leadership skills, the ability to manage a diverse team of kitchen staff, an understanding of food safety regulations and practices, knowledge of cost management and inventory management, and the ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
What is the typical salary range for an Executive Steward position?
The salary range for an Executive Steward position can vary depending on the job location, company size, and years of experience. According to payscale.com, the average salary range for an Executive Steward in the United States is between $47,000 to $96,000 per year, with an average of $62,000 per year.
What are the benefits of working as an Executive Steward?
Some of the benefits of working as an Executive Steward can include healthcare benefits, paid vacation leave, retirement benefits, and discounts on travel and accommodations. Additionally, working in a managerial position can provide a sense of accomplishment and career growth opportunities in the hospitality industry.