A Facility Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the maintenance and operation of buildings, equipment, and grounds of the organization they work for. They coordinate repairs, enforce safety measures, and manage a team of maintenance personnel.
- Oversee the daily operation of facility equipment and systems.
- Coordinate and schedule repairs and maintenance with outside contractors.
- Enforce safety rules and procedures and oversee ongoing training of maintenance staff.
- Inspect facilities to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Manage inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Coordinate construction and renovation projects as needed.
- Maintain accurate facility records and prepare reports for management.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Facilities Management, Engineering, or related field.
- Prior experience in a supervisory position.
- Knowledge of maintenance systems, technical operations, and building codes and regulations.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work independently.
Apply today to join our team as a Facility Supervisor and help us maintain our facilities to the highest standards of safety and function!
Facility supervisor plays an essential role in managing the day-to-day operations and maintenance of facilities. The job ensures a safe, secure, and efficient facility for both customers and staff. However, creating an effective facility supervisor job posting can be a daunting task. Here are some guidelines to help you create an excellent job ad that attracts highly qualified applicants.
The job description is the most crucial element of the job posting. It should accurately and comprehensively outline the duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and experience requirements for the position.
The job description should include:
The job requirements section is an opportunity to provide an overview of the necessary experience, education, and qualifications required for the position.
The job requirements section should include:
How to Apply
The how to apply section should include instructions on how to apply for the position, including the application process, the required documents, and the deadline for submitting applications.
The how to apply section should also provide:
Creating an effective job posting is a crucial part of attracting the right candidates for your facility supervisor position. The job posting should accurately and comprehensively outline the job description, job requirements, and how to apply. By following these guidelines, you can create a job posting that will appeal to highly qualified applicants and help you find the perfect candidate for your facility supervisor position.
What is a Facility Supervisor?
A Facility Supervisor is responsible for managing and overseeing the day-to-day operations of a facility. This role requires excellent organizational and leadership skills to ensure that everything runs smoothly.
What are the job responsibilities of a Facility Supervisor?
- Managing facility maintenance
- Ensuring safety and security of the facility
- Supervising staff and delegating tasks
- Overseeing budgets and making financial decisions
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures
- Ensuring compliance with regulations and standards
- Creating schedules and managing logistics
What skills are required for a Facility Supervisor?
A successful Facility Supervisor will have:
- Excellent organizational skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Leadership and management experience
- Strong problem solving and decision making abilities
- Knowledge of industry standards and regulations
- A proactive approach to identifying and solving issues
- An ability to adapt to changing situations and priorities
What qualifications are usually required for a Facility Supervisor?
Most organizations require a Facility Supervisor to have a bachelor's degree in a related field such as facilities management, engineering, or business. Relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree. Certifications in areas such as safety, energy management, or maintenance may also be preferred.
How do I write an effective Facility Supervisor job posting?
A successful job posting should include:
- A clear job title and location
- A short company description
- Details on the job responsibilities and requirements
- Information about compensation and benefits
- Instructions on how to apply
- A call to action that encourages candidates to apply