The Finance Controller is responsible for overseeing financial reporting and analysis, budgeting, forecasting, and general accounting practices of the organization. The successful candidate will manage financial statements, payroll, general ledger, accounts payable and receivable, and other financial areas of the company.
- Develop and maintain financial policies and procedures
- Ensure accurate and timely financial reporting
- Produce budgets, forecasts and financial statements
- Provide financial analysis and support to management
- Oversee accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Conduct internal audits to ensure compliance with financial regulations and standards
- Identify areas for process improvement and implement changes to increase efficiency and accuracy
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- CPA or CMA certification preferred
- Experience in financial management, accounting or related field
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and regulations
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Strong communication and leadership skills
Finance Controllers work in an office setting and generally work a standard 40-hour workweek. However, longer hours may be required during financial reporting deadlines or other peak periods of activity.
The salary for a Finance Controller varies depending on industry, location and experience. As of 2021, the median salary for a Finance Controller is $89,000 per year.
Creating a finance controller job posting is an essential step in finding the right candidate for your organization. It's important to use precise language and clearly outline the position's responsibilities, requirements, and qualifications. In this guide, we'll cover everything you need to know about creating a finance controller job posting that attracts top talent.
Job Title and Overview
- Oversee all financial operations, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and general ledger.
- Create and maintain accurate and timely financial reports and statements.
- Develop and implement financial policies and procedures.
- Analyze financial data and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Work with senior management to set financial goals and develop strategies to achieve them.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field. CPA or CMA certification preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in financial analysis, accounting, or auditing.
- Strong knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in financial software and Microsoft Excel.
Company Culture and Benefits
- Company culture that values collaboration and innovation.
- Competitive salary and benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plans, and paid time off.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Creating a finance controller job posting that accurately reflects the role's responsibilities and requirements is crucial in attracting the right candidates. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you'll be well on your way to creating a job posting that helps you find the perfect finance controller for your organization.
Frequently Asked Questions on Creating Finance Controller Job Posting
If you are looking to hire a finance controller, you need to create a job posting that commands attention and clearly defines the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Crafting a detailed and comprehensive job posting helps attract the right candidates for the job. To help you along, here are some frequently asked questions about creating a finance controller job posting:
What Are the Key Components of a Finance Controller Job Posting?
What Are the Key Qualifications to Look for in a Finance Controller?
Experience and Education are critical for finance controller positions, but there are other qualities to look for:
How Can I Attract the Best Candidates for My Finance Controller Position?
Here are a few strategies.
How Can I Create an Effective Finance Controller Job Posting?
Here are some tips to create an effective job posting:
Following these guidelines, you should be well on your way to creating an effective finance controller job posting that attracts the best talent.