A Freight Broker acts as a liaison between shippers and carriers to arrange and coordinate the transportation of freight. The role involves negotiating rates and providing exceptional customer service throughout the shipping process.
- Source and negotiate rates with shippers and carriers
- Match carriers with shippers based on freight type, location, and delivery requirements
- Manage transportation of freight from origin to destination
- Ensure compliance with federal regulations and company policies
- Provide excellent customer service to shippers and carriers throughout the shipping process
- Maintain accurate records and documentation
- Resolve any issues that may arise during transportation
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics, or related field preferred
- Experience in transportation, logistics, or freight brokerage preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and transportation management software
Freight brokering is a rapidly expanding industry that involves connecting shippers with carriers for transporting goods. With the growth of the industry, it's important to ensure that the job postings attract high-quality candidates. Here are some tips on how to create an effective freight broker job posting.
Job Title and Description
The job title should be concise and accurately reflect the duties and responsibilities of the position. A good example is "Freight Broker" or "Transportation Broker".
The job description should be clear and succinct.
Skills and Experience
List the specific skills and experience needed for the job. This section should include both hard and soft skills. Hard skills may include experience using transportation management software or knowledge of shipping and transportation regulations, while soft skills can include communication or negotiation skills. It's important to be specific about what experiences you are looking for in an exceptional candidate.
State the minimum educational requirements for the job. Though a college degree is not required for a freight broker, you should mention the high school diploma, GED, or any other degree or certification that would be beneficial in performing the job duties.
Work Schedule and Environment
Describe the work schedule and environment in which the position is based. This may include the hours of work, the geographic location, the type of office environment, and any other relevant information for the candidate. This is important as it will help them envision the daily work routine.
Application Instructions and Deadlines
End your applicant statement by outlining the application process and deadline date. Be specific about how the candidate should apply, such as through a company email address or a recruiting platform. The deadline date should motivate candidates to act fast.
Creating a successful freight broker job posting is about taking the time to be specific and concise about the job's duties, experience and requirements. This will help attract qualified candidates and increase your chances of finding an excellent freight broker to join your team.
What should be included in a Freight Broker job posting?
A Freight Broker job posting should include a job title, a brief job description, specific job requirements, and the company’s mission statement.
What are the essential skills needed for a Freight Broker job posting?
What kind of experience and qualifications are required for posting a Freight Broker job?
What are the job duties of a Freight Broker?
What are the benefits of working for a Freight Broker?
What is the average salary for a Freight Broker?
The average annual salary for a Freight Broker is $70,000 - $80,000, depending on experience and location.