The Human Resources Clerk provides administrative support to the HR department by assisting with personnel tasks, maintaining employee records, and responding to inquiries from employees and the public. This is an entry-level position that reports to the HR Manager.
- Assist with onboarding and orientation of new employees
- Process and maintain employee records, including updating personal information and tracking benefits enrollment
- Create and maintain employee files and ensure confidentiality in handling sensitive information
- Respond to employee inquiries and direct to appropriate resources
- Maintain and update HR databases, trackers and reports
- Assist with HR-related projects and initiatives as assigned
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, interviews, and appointments.
- High school diploma/GED required
- 1-2 years of administrative support experience; HR experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of HR functions and policies
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize competing demands
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, but to provide a general understanding of the position. Employees may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Human Resources Clerks play a crucial role in any organization. They are responsible for performing various administrative tasks related to human resources, such as maintaining employee records, processing payroll, and assisting with recruitment activities. When creating a job posting for this position, it is essential to include all the necessary information that can attract the right candidates.
Job Title and Summary
The job title should clearly indicate the position that is being offered. When creating a job summary, it should provide a brief overview of the job duties and responsibilities.
List the necessary qualifications required for a candidate to succeed in the position.
List the primary job functions and responsibilities of the Human Resources Clerk.
Provide information about the working conditions, such as the work schedule, environment, and physical demands.
By following the above guidelines, you can create a comprehensive Human Resources Clerk job posting that attracts qualified candidates. Remember to be clear and concise while providing the necessary information about the position and its responsibilities.
Frequently Asked Questions on Creating Human Resources Clerk Job Posting
What is a Human Resources Clerk?
A Human Resources Clerk is responsible for providing administrative support to the HR team by maintaining employee records, processing paperwork, coordinating interviews, and assisting with other HR-related tasks.
What are the Qualifications Required for a Human Resources Clerk?
What are the Key Responsibilities of a Human Resources Clerk?
What Should I Include in a Human Resources Clerk Job Posting?
A job posting for a Human Resources Clerk should include the following: