The Information Architect will be responsible for designing and implementing information structures and taxonomies across various digital platforms. They will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure that content is logical, accessible, and user-friendly.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define product requirements and workflows.
- Create and maintain information architecture diagrams, user flows, wireframes, and other design documentation.
- Design taxonomies, metadata schemas, and content classification systems.
- Conduct user research such as usability testing, card sorting, and user interviews.
- Ensure that digital content is organized and presented in a logical and intuitive manner for users.
- Work closely with developers to ensure that design specifications are implemented correctly.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and industry trends, and integrate these into design practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Information Design, or related field.
- At least 3 years of experience in information architecture and user experience design.
- Proficiency in design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and InVision.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
If you are a creative problem solver with a passion for user-centered design, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity today!
If you're looking to hire an Information Architect for your company, it's important to create an informative and compelling job posting that attracts the right candidates. An effective job posting will not only describe the position and its responsibilities, but also highlight the skills required and what your company has to offer the potential candidate. Here's how to create an Information Architect job posting:
Job Title and Overview
Start with a clear and concise job title that accurately reflects the position. Include a brief overview of the job that includes the main responsibilities and duties. Bullet points work well here.
- Develop and implement information architecture for websites, mobile apps, and other digital products
- Create user flows, wireframes, and prototypes to optimize user experiences
- Collaborate with design and development teams to ensure consistency and efficiency
- Conduct user research and user testing to inform design decisions
- Maintain and update information architecture and navigation as necessary
List the qualifications and experience required to be considered for the role. Consider both technical and soft skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Science, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in information architecture, UX design or related field
- Expertise in UX tools such as Sketch, Figma, or Axure
- Knowledge of user-centered design principles and methodologies
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Include any additional qualifications or experiences that would be advantageous for the candidate to have.
- Master's degree in Information Science, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field
- Experience with content strategy and content management systems
- Familiarity with Agile project management
- Experience working in a digital agency environment
Company Overview and Culture
Provide a brief description of your company and its culture. This section can help candidates envision themselves working for your company and understand what sets it apart.
- We are an innovative tech company that specializes in delivering cutting-edge digital products to our clients
- We value collaboration, creativity, and dedication to our clients' success
- We offer opportunities for growth and development within the company
- We provide a supportive and inclusive work environment
- We believe in work-life balance and offer flexible hours
By creating a comprehensive and engaging job posting, you can help attract the right candidates for your Information Architect position. Remember to clearly outline the job responsibilities, required and preferred qualifications, and your company's culture and values. With the right job posting, you'll be sure to find the best candidate for the role.