We are looking for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to join our team. As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the company's infrastructure to ensure it is always available, performing optimally, and secure. You will work closely with other IT professionals to ensure that our technology infrastructure meets the needs of the business.
- Design, build and implement efficient and scalable infrastructure solutions.
- Ensure the availability, integrity, and security of all infrastructure systems.
- Maintain and troubleshoot complex infrastructure systems including servers, networks, and storage systems.
- Collaborate with other IT professionals to develop and implement technology solutions that meet business needs.
- Provide technical expertise and support for infrastructure-related projects.
- Develop and maintain documentation of infrastructure systems and processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Hands-on experience with infrastructure design, build, and maintenance.
- Strong knowledge of networking concepts, protocols, and security.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS or Microsoft Azure.
- Expertise in at least one scripting language such as Python or PowerShell.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional development opportunities
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As an organization grows, the need for a solid IT infrastructure becomes increasingly critical. And that’s why Infrastructure Engineers are in demand now more than ever. Companies require such professionals who can not just provide immediate fixes when issues arise, but who can strategize and implement long-term solutions that help their systems run smoothly.
Job Title and Description
The first thing to do when creating a job posting for an Infrastructure Engineer is to choose an appropriate job title. The title should reflect the job function, responsibility, and the level of experience required.
The job description should be detailed enough to give applicants an idea of what the role entails. It should include the following job responsibilities:
- Monitoring network systems, identify and troubleshoot problems
- Designing, implementing, and managing IT infrastructure systems
- Ensuring that the company’s IT infrastructure is secure and up-to-date
- Collaborating with other IT teams to implement solutions that align with business goals
- Developing and implementing disaster recovery procedures and backup plans
- Implementing and managing cloud infrastructure
Key Skills and Qualifications
Infrastructure Engineers must have the technical skills and qualifications required to perform their duties effectively. The following are some of the key skills and qualifications needed in a competent Infrastructure Engineer:
- Strong knowledge of networking protocols and hardware such as switches, routers, and firewalls
- Expertise in cloud infrastructure (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- Experience with virtualization technologies (e.g. VMware, Hyper-V)
- Proficiency in scripting languages, such as Python or PowerShell
- Ability to implement and manage disaster recovery procedures, backup solutions, and patching processes
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related degree
- Professional certifications (e.g. MCSE, CCNP, AWS Certified Solutions Architect) preferable
Company Culture and Perks
It’s essential to communicate your company culture and perks which employees can expect when working for your company. Make sure to mention any benefits or perks, such as healthcare, flexible hours or remote work options, and team-building events.
By providing a transparent company culture and the benefits you offer, you’ll attract candidates who will enjoy working for you and appreciate what you have to offer.
Creating an Infrastructure Engineer job posting requires consideration of role responsibilities, skills, and qualifications, and company culture, and perks.
The success of an Infrastructure Engineer is about more than just the right technical skills, so be sure to offer competitive compensation, professional development options, and a transparent work culture. By following these steps, you can create an attractive Infrastructure Engineer job posting that attracts top talent to your team.
What are the key qualifications needed for an Infrastructure Engineer?
To create a job posting for an Infrastructure Engineer, you must understand the key qualifications required for such a position. Generally, an Infrastructure Engineer must possess technical knowledge of computer systems, networking, cybersecurity, and database management. They must also demonstrate proficiency in cloud-based systems, monitoring, and deployment technologies. A bachelor's degree in computer engineering or a related field is preferred, along with relevant work experience.
What are the core responsibilities of an Infrastructure Engineer?
The core responsibilities of an Infrastructure Engineer are to design, implement, and maintain computer systems, networks, and databases for an organization. They must also troubleshoot issues that arise and provide timely and effective solutions. Additionally, an Infrastructure Engineer must stay up-to-date with the latest technology trends and provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
What should be included in the job posting for an Infrastructure Engineer?
When creating a job posting for an Infrastructure Engineer, it is important to include information on the qualifications required, the core responsibilities of the position, and the skills and experience desired. You should clearly outline the work environment, including any specific tools or technologies used. You should also provide information on the compensation package, including salary, benefits, and any additional perks that may be offered.
What are some soft skills that are important for an Infrastructure Engineer?
In addition to technical skills, an Infrastructure Engineer should demonstrate strong communication skills, problem-solving abilities, and attention to detail. They should also be able to work well in a team and under pressure, as infrastructure issues can quickly become critical.
How can I attract the best Infrastructure Engineer candidates?
To attract the best Infrastructure Engineer candidates, you should create a job posting that clearly outlines the requirements of the position, including the technical skills and experience required. You should also highlight the work environment, compensation package, and any additional perks that may be offered. Additionally, you may want to promote the job posting on relevant job boards or social media channels to reach a wider audience.