The Janitorial Supervisor is responsible for managing and supervising a team of janitors or custodians who are tasked with cleaning and maintaining a facility or building. The supervisor is responsible for ensuring that the facility is kept clean, sanitary and safe for use by employees and the public. Additionally, they are responsible for ensuring that their team members have the necessary supplies, tools, and training to perform their duties effectively and efficiently.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise janitorial staff and oversee their daily tasks
- Develop and implement cleaning schedules and maintenance plans
- Ensure that all cleaning tasks are completed on time and to a high standard
- Train staff on cleaning techniques, safety procedures, and proper use of equipment
- Order and maintain supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance
- Evaluate staff performance and provide feedback and coaching
- Oversee the proper disposal of waste and hazardous materials
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations and industry standards
- Communicate and coordinate with other departments and building management as needed
- Prior supervisory or management experience
- Knowledge of cleaning techniques, supplies, and equipment
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations and best practices
- Ability to work independently and make decisions as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent is required, some college or vocational training in janitorial sciences preferred
If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration.
When creating a job posting for a Janitorial Supervisor, it's important to be specific about the job requirements and responsibilities. Janitorial Supervisors oversee the cleaning and maintenance of a facility and ensure that the cleaning staff adheres to standards and procedures.
Here are some tips on how to create an effective job posting for a Janitorial Supervisor position:
The job title should clearly indicate the position being advertised. For example, "Janitorial Supervisor" or "Cleaning Supervisor."
The job summary should provide a brief overview of the position and its main responsibilities. This section should grab the attention of potential candidates, so it's important to be concise and compelling.
It's important to be specific about the qualifications required for this position. Here are some of the key qualifications for a Janitorial Supervisor:
Although not strictly necessary for a Janitorial Supervisor position, it's always helpful to list any required or preferred education:
How to Apply:
Here is where you should provide information on how to apply for the position. Be sure to include any special instructions or requirements and emphasize the importance of including a resume and cover letter. You may also want to include a deadline for applications.
Creating an effective job posting for a Janitorial Supervisor position requires careful thought and attention to detail. By following the tips outlined above, you can attract the best candidates for the job and find a qualified and experienced Janitorial Supervisor who is ready and willing to take on this important role.
Frequently Asked Questions on Creating Janitorial Supervisor Job Posting
What does a Janitorial Supervisor’s role entail?
A Janitorial Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the cleaning staff and ensuring proper maintenance of buildings and facilities. They manage the cleaning schedules, supervise staff, purchase supplies, and train new hires with up-to-date cleaning techniques.
What skills are essential to include in a Janitorial Supervisor job posting?
What education and experience level is required for the Janitorial Supervisor position?
Ideally, a person seeking a Janitorial Supervisor role should have a high school diploma or equivalent. Additionally, they must provide evidence of at least four years of experience as either a janitorial worker or similar supervisory experience.
What are some important job duties that should be included in the Janitorial Supervisor job posting?
What should be included in the benefits package for the Janitorial Supervisor position?
How can I ensure that my Janitorial Supervisor job posting stands out from others?
To make your janitorial supervisor job posting stand out, you can give detailed information about the job duties and the qualifications the successful candidate requires. Onboarding programs for new employees or mentorship programs for new managers can also be mentioned. Finally, including a range of salary and benefits that reflect the job's demands can help lure the best candidates.