We are seeking a Junior Buyer to join our team. As a Junior Buyer, you will be responsible for assisting with the procurement of goods and services for our company.
- Assist with identifying potential suppliers and vendors
- Help negotiate prices and terms of agreements
- Manage inventory levels and ensure timely delivery of products
- Collaborate with department heads to determine procurement needs
- Conduct market research to stay up-to-date on industry trends
- Prepare purchase orders and review invoices for accuracy
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or a related field
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and experience with procurement software preferred
- Ability to work independently while also supporting a team environment
- 1-2 years of experience in a purchasing or procurement role preferred
If you are highly organized and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, we encourage you to apply for our Junior Buyer position.
A Junior Buyer plays a vital role in the procurement process of the organization. The Junior Buyer job description includes creating and managing purchase orders, developing and maintaining supplier relationships and ensuring timely delivery of products. In this article, we will guide you regarding how to create a Junior Buyer job posting.
- A bachelor's degree in business administration, procurement, or any related field.
- Experience of 1-2 years in procurement or purchasing.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ERP systems.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Creating and managing purchase orders for goods and services.
- Reviewing and approving purchase orders according to the company's policies and procedures.
- Negotiating with vendors and suppliers to obtain competitive prices and favorable terms and conditions.
- Maintaining accurate records of purchases, pricing, and deliveries.
- Developing and maintaining supplier relationships to ensure timely delivery of products and services.
- Analyzing market trends to identify new suppliers and products and recommend product substitutions.
- Excellent analytical skills to evaluate suppliers and products.
- The ability to negotiate favorable terms and conditions with vendors.
- Great communication skills to build and sustain supplier relationships.
- Ability to coordinate effectively between internal departments and vendors.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Provide a brief company description, including company's vision, and mission statement, and values. Describe the company culture.
How to Apply
- Provide application instructions regarding how to apply.
- Clear information about whom to contact with any questions.
- Instructions regarding what kind of additional documents or information the applicant needs to provide.
- Guidelines regarding how you will contact the candidate to let them know the result of their application.
Creating a Junior Buyer job posting requires a clear understanding of the job responsibilities and job skills required for the role. A well-written job description will attract qualified candidates and help your organization's procurement process to run smoothly.
What qualifications should a Junior Buyer have?
A Junior Buyer should have a bachelor's degree in a related field such as business, economics, or supply chain management. They should also have some relevant experience, either through internships or previous positions.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Junior Buyer?
- Assist senior buyers in product sourcing, negotiating prices, and maintaining relationships with vendors.
- Ensure that all purchases are made according to company policies and procedures and that the delivery of goods meets the required timelines.
- Track inventory levels and work with other departments to ensure that stock levels are maintained at adequate levels.
- Stay up to date with market trends and changes in the industry, so that they can make informed decisions about what products to purchase.
What are the key skills required for a Junior Buyer position?
- Analytical skills to compare multiple suppliers and negotiate deals.
- Attention to detail to ensure that all purchases comply with company policies and procedures.
- Communication skills to liaise with vendors and other departments as well as present new product ideas to senior buyers.
- Organizational skills to manage inventory levels and track orders.
What is the expected salary for a Junior Buyer?
The salary for a Junior Buyer may vary depending on the size of the company, location, and previous experience. On average in the United States, a Junior Buyer can expect to make around $45,000 to $60,000 per year.
What should be included in a Junior Buyer job posting?
- A brief company description and overview of the role and responsibilities of the Junior Buyer.
- A list of the required qualifications and key skills for the position.
- The expected salary range and any additional benefits.
- Instructions on how to apply, including any required application materials or documents.