- Assist physician in exams, procedures and minor surgeries
- Provide patient education on procedures, follow-ups and medication instructions
- Perform front office duties including appointment scheduling, patient registration, insurance verification and medical record management
- Ensure exam rooms, equipment and supplies are clean and ready for patients
- Perform laboratory tests and collect specimens as ordered by physician
- Assist in prescription management including prescription refills and calling in prescriptions to the pharmacy
- Maintain patient confidentiality and adhere to HIPAA regulations
- Manage patient flow and communicate delays to patients and physician
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of accredited medical assistant program
- Current CPR certification
- Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy
- Experience with EHR and medical coding
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
Are you looking to hire a Lead Medical Assistant and want to create a job posting that attracts high-quality candidates? A well-written and comprehensive job posting is crucial to attract skilled candidates who are a good fit for your organization.
Job Title and Job Overview
The job title should clearly indicate the position for which you are hiring, in this case, Lead Medical Assistant. Provide a brief job overview that highlights the roles and responsibilities of the position. Be specific and avoid vague language. A great job overview will help the candidate to understand the expectations and requirements for the position.
List out the primary responsibilities of the role. Provide clear instructions and expectations.
- Oversee and monitor medical assistants responsible for patient care, patient flow, and laboratory testing activities
- Provide training and coaching for medical assistants, ensuring that all staff meet their job requirements and job competencies
- Assist in the recruitments and hiring process for medical assistants.
- Ensure that all medical equipment is clean, sanitized, and working correctly
- Track, analyze and report patient satisfaction surveys to the management team
Skills and Qualifications
Specify the job qualifications and skills required to apply for the Lead Medical Assistant position. This could include specific education or certification requirements for the role, required experience or skills, communication or computer skills, knowledge of industry-specific software, etc.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, or certificate in Medical Assistant studies
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of Medical Assistant or similar experience
- Experience working with Electronic Medical Record systems
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and leadership skills
Salary and Benefits
Include details about the compensation package, which will attract high-quality candidates to apply. Mention the salary range, bonus and incentives, and insurance/benefits.
A well-written job posting can attract qualified candidates who will excel in their roles. Be sure to follow these tips when creating your job post and include any additional details that are relevant to your particular organization.
What does a Lead Medical Assistant do?
A Lead Medical Assistant is responsible for overseeing the work of other medical assistants in a clinical setting. They may also take on administrative tasks such as managing the appointment schedule, maintaining patient records, and coordinating with physicians and other healthcare professionals.
What qualifications should a Lead Medical Assistant have?
What are some key responsibilities that should be included in a Lead Medical Assistant job posting?
What benefits should be included in a Lead Medical Assistant job posting?
What should be the tone and style of a Lead Medical Assistant job posting?
The tone of the job posting should be professional and informative, with a focus on the duties and qualifications for the position. It may be helpful to incorporate language that highlights the benefits and opportunities for growth within the organization. The style of the posting should be clear and concise, with an emphasis on using active verbs and descriptive language to convey the responsibilities and qualifications of the position.