The loan officer assistant supports the loan officers in expediting loan documentation, verifying borrowers' information, and ensuring loan processing accuracy. They work closely with loan officers to prepare loan package materials, monitor the lending process, and provide assistance and support in various administrative tasks.
- Assist loan officers in preparing loan packages, including gathering borrower financial information, ordering credit reports, appraisals, and title commitments, and coordinating loan closing with borrowers, real estate professionals and settlement agents.
- Answer phone calls and emails, respond to customer inquiries or concerns, and route correspondence to the appropriate party for resolution.
- Assist in the management of the loan process, including tracking loan status, reviewing loan documentation, and following up on missing or incomplete information.
- Order and track loan-related documents and reports, such as property inspections and title reports.
- Communicate with borrowers, real estate professionals, and settlement agents in a friendly, professional, and timely manner.
- Perform administrative tasks as requested, including filing, producing and distributing reports, and maintaining office supplies.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required; Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- At least 2 years of related experience in loan operations or mortgage lending is preferred.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and other computer applications.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Familiarity with loan origination software and loan procedures is a plus.
Are you looking for a Loan Officer Assistant to assist in managing the loan process for your company? Writing an effective job posting is crucial in attracting the right candidates for the job. Here are some tips on how to create a Loan Officer Assistant Job Posting:
Job Title and Summary
The job title should be clear and concise. In this case, "Loan Officer Assistant" is appropriate. The job summary should provide a brief description of the job and its responsibilities, such as:
- Assisting loan officers in managing the loan process from application to closing
- Gathering and verifying documentation from borrowers
- Communicating with clients and internal staff regarding loan status updates
- Performing administrative tasks as needed
Outline the necessary qualifications to be considered for the position, such as:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years of experience in the mortgage or banking industry
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
List any preferred qualifications or skills, such as:
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or a related field
- Experience with loan origination software
Work Environment and Schedule
Provide information on the typical work environment and hours the Loan Officer Assistant will be expected to work, such as:
- Full-time position, typically Monday-Friday
- Office-based with occasional local travel
Salary and Benefits
Include a salary range and any benefits offered to employees, such as:
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k plan with employer match
- Paid time off and holidays
How to Apply
Provide instructions on how to apply for the position, such as:
- Send a cover letter and resume to [Company Email Address]
- Include "Loan Officer Assistant" in the subject line of the email
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview
Creating a comprehensive and detailed job posting will help attract the right candidates to your open position. With the right Loan Officer Assistant, your company can streamline the loan process and deliver exceptional customer service to your clients.
What is a Loan Officer Assistant and what does their job entail?
A Loan Officer Assistant is a professional who operates as support for loan officers. Their work usually involves customer service, data entry, document collection and verification, loan filing, and other tasks that free up the loan officer to work on pressing tasks such as attending closings, networking, and fielding sales calls.
What educational qualifications should a Loan Officer Assistant have?
There are no fixed educational requirements for becoming a Loan Officer Assistant; however, most employers prefer candidates with a minimum of a high school diploma or its equivalent. A post-secondary degree may be a requirement for some high-level assistant roles or to secure promotion.
What skills are essential for the Loan Officer Assistant role?
Is prior experience necessary for Loan Officer Assistant?
No, many individuals coming from unrelated fields have successfully made the transition to this role. However, prior experience in loan processing, customer service, or a related area will make a candidate stand out from the pool of candidates with no experience.
What are the typical duties a Loan Officer Assistant performs?
What is the typical salary range for a Loan Officer Assistant?
The salary range for a Loan Officer Assistant varies based on experience, skillset, and location. As with most job postings, higher cost-of-living areas generally offer more compensation. The pay range for this role is typically between $30,000 and $50,000 per annum.