About the role
A Lobby Attendant is responsible for creating and maintains a welcoming environment in the lobby area. They greet clients, guests, and visitors, and make sure that the lobby area is clean, tidy and well-stocked. The role includes keeping up-to-date records of visitors and assisting with general administrative tasks as required.
- Welcoming visitors with a professional and friendly demeanor.
- Maintaining security by monitoring entryways and controlling access.
- Maintaining a clean and tidy lobby area.
- Answering phone calls and directing queries to the appropriate person or department.
- Maintaining records of visitors and ensuring that client records are kept accurately.
- Assisting with general administrative tasks as required, such as filing and photocopying.
- Providing information and guidance to visitors when required.
- Monitoring and managing the lobby’s inventory, such as stationery, brochures, and refreshments.
- Previous experience in a similar customer-facing role.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Well-presented and professional manner.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Able to multitask and prioritize workload.
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Flexibility to work on a rotating shift including weekends and public holidays.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Additional qualifications in hospitality or customer service, preferred.
If you are a courteous, customer-oriented individual with an attention to detail, we encourage you to apply for the role of the Lobby Attendant.
What is a Lobby Attendant?
A Lobby Attendant, also known as a Front Desk Attendant or Front Desk Receptionist, is responsible for managing the front desk of a company or organization. They greet and welcome guests, answer phone calls, and direct visitors to the appropriate locations. Lobby Attendants also handle administrative tasks, such as scheduling appointments and managing mail and packages.
How to Create a Lobby Attendant Job Posting:
Creating a job posting for a Lobby Attendant can be a challenge, but with the right approach, you can attract the right candidates to your organization. Here are some tips to help you create an effective job posting:
- Job Title: Choose a title that accurately reflects the duties and responsibilities of the job, such as Front Desk Attendant, Front Desk Receptionist, or Lobby Attendant.
- Job Summary: Write a clear and concise summary of the job, highlighting the main duties and responsibilities of the position. This should be no more than 2-3 sentences.
- Job Requirements: List the qualifications, skills, and experience required for the position. This should include education and certification requirements, as well as any necessary experience or skills, such as proficiency in Microsoft Office or customer service skills.
- Job Responsibilities: List the specific tasks and duties that the Lobby Attendant will be responsible for, such as greeting and directing guests, answering phone calls, and managing mail and packages. Be sure to include any additional responsibilities, such as administrative tasks or special projects.
- Work Hours: Specify the hours and schedule for the position, including any specific shifts or weekend requirements.
- Salary: State the salary or hourly rate for the position, as well as any additional benefits or perks offered, such as health insurance or paid time off.
- Company Culture: Highlight the values and culture of your organization, emphasizing what makes working for your company unique and desirable.
- Application Instructions: Provide clear instructions on how to apply for the position, including what documents and information are required and how to submit them.
Creating an effective job posting for a Lobby Attendant requires careful consideration of the duties and responsibilities of the position, as well as the skills and experience required. By following these tips, you can create a job posting that attracts qualified candidates to your organization and helps you find the ideal candidate for the position.
What is a Lobby Attendant?
A Lobby Attendant is an employee who works in the entrance area of a building, hotel or office, welcome and greets guests, provides assistance and directions, and ensures the safety and security of the property.
What are the necessary qualifications for a Lobby Attendant?
Although there is no specific qualification for the role, excellent communication skills, customer service skills, and the ability to work variable shifts are preferred. Some employers also require a high school diploma or equivalent.
What are the essential duties of a Lobby Attendant?
A Lobby Attendant's essential duties include greeting guests, providing information and assistance, monitoring security, controlling access, handling baggage, and ensuring a clean and safe environment.
What salary range should I expect as a Lobby Attendant?
The salary range for a Lobby Attendant varies depending on the employer, industry, location, and experience of the candidate. Typically, the average salary for a Lobby Attendant ranges from $20,000 to $35,000 per year.
What are the necessary skills required to be a successful Lobby Attendant?
A Lobby Attendant should possess strong customer service skills, excellent communication skills, be a good listener and have attention to detail. They should be able to multi-task and have a courteous manner in handling inquiries, assisting with luggage, and directing guests to rooms or public areas.
What are the benefits of hiring a Lobby Attendant?
Hiring a Lobby Attendant can bring several benefits to the organization, such as increased guest satisfaction, improved customer service, better security, enhanced reputation, and an overall improvement in the guest experience. Most importantly, it allows guests to feel welcome and at ease from the moment they enter the establishment.