- Assist with inventory management, including receiving, stocking, and organizing products
- Coordinate shipping and transportation logistics, including working with carriers and scheduling deliveries
- Process and track orders, ensuring timely delivery and accurate billing
- Maintain accurate records of inventory and shipments, utilizing computer software systems
- Assist with customer service and communication, including responding to inquiries and resolving issues
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures, including safety and security protocols
- High school diploma or equivalent required, some college or vocational education preferred
- 1-2 years experience in logistics or related field
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Proficiency with computer software systems, including Microsoft Office and logistics-specific programs
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
This role may require occasional weekend or evening work, as well as some physical labor such as lifting and moving items up to 50 lbs.
A Logistics Assistant is responsible for supporting the logistics team with day-to-day functions such as maintaining records, tracking shipments, and organizing inventory. Hiring a Logistics Assistant can help streamline these processes and improve the overall efficiency of your logistics department. Here's how to create an effective job posting to find the right candidate for the job.
Job Title and Description
The job title should be clear and concise, such as "Logistics Assistant". In the job description, outline the key responsibilities of the role, such as:
- Assist in maintaining accurate records of inventory and shipments
- Monitor and track incoming and outgoing shipments
- Coordinate and communicate with third-party logistics providers and carriers
- Process orders and prepare shipping documents
- Ensure compliance with safety and security procedures
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by the logistics manager
Skills and Qualifications
List the skills and qualifications required for the job. These may include:
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and logistics software
- Experience with inventory management and tracking
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- High school diploma or equivalent; additional education or certification in logistics or supply chain management preferred
Company Overview and Culture
Provide a brief overview of your company, including its size, industry, and mission statement. Highlight any unique aspects of your company culture, such as a focus on work-life balance, employee development, or sustainability practices. This can help attract candidates who align with your values and mission.
Clearly state the application instructions, such as where to submit a resume and cover letter, and any other relevant information such as salary range, benefits, and expected start date. Include the deadline for applications and indicate when candidates can expect to hear back from you. This shows that you value their time and interest in the position.
A well-written job posting can attract high-quality candidates and help you find the right Logistics Assistant for your team. By clearly outlining the job responsibilities, required skills, and company culture, you can make your job posting stand out and find the best fit for your organization.