We are seeking a highly motivated Major Gifts Officer to join our non-profit organization. The selected candidate will be responsible for cultivating and managing relationships with major donors in order to secure major gifts.
- Develop and implement a major gift program to enable the organization to meet its fundraising goals
- Cultivate and manage relationships with major donors, including individuals, corporations, and foundations
- Research and develop lists of potential major donors
- Create and implement strategies for soliciting major gifts
- Work closely with the development team to implement planned giving and other fundraising initiatives
- Manage major gift prospects through the donor stewardship process to ensure continued support
- Collaborate with colleagues across the organization to understand programmatic needs and prioritize funding opportunities
- Ensure accurate record-keeping of all donor interactions and gifts in the organization's database
- Meet with donors on a regular basis to build relationships and solicit gifts
- Collaborate with the communications team to create compelling fundraising materials and donor communications
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in fundraising or non-profit management, with a focus on major gifts
- Proven track record of securing major gifts
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with donors, staff, and volunteers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with donor databases and familiarity with fundraising best practices
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and independently, as well as to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our organization is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Major Gifts Officers play an essential role in fundraising for non-profit organizations. They are responsible for identifying potential major donors, developing relationships with them, and securing significant financial contributions to support the organization's mission. If you are looking for a Major Gifts Officer, it's crucial to create a job posting that attracts qualified and competent candidates.
Job Title and Summary
Begin your job posting with a clear, concise job title that accurately reflects the role you are recruiting for. A standard title for a Major Gifts Officer is "Major Gifts Officer" or "Senior Major Gifts Officer." After the job title, provide a brief summary of the job. The summary should be two to three sentences that describe the primary function and responsibilities of the role.
Provide a detailed description of the responsibilities of the Major Gifts Officer role. Here are some key responsibilities you can include in your job posting:
Qualifications and Skills
Provide a list of qualifications and skills necessary for the Major Gifts Officer role. Here are some skills and qualifications you can include in your job posting:
Provide clear instructions on how candidates can apply for the position. Be sure to include information about the application process, such as the deadline for submitting applications, the preferred method of contact, and any additional materials required.
Creating a Major Gifts Officer job posting takes some effort, but it's worth it to attract qualified and talented candidates. A well-written job posting will not only save you time in the recruitment process, but it will also attract individuals who are passionate about your organization's mission and ready to help you achieve your fundraising goals.
FAQs on creating a Major Gifts Officer job posting
Are you in the process of creating a job posting for a Major Gifts Officer? It’s natural to have questions about what to include, how to word the posting, and what to expect from applicants. Here are some frequently asked questions about creating a Major Gifts Officer job posting:
What qualifications should I include in the job posting?
What should I include in the job description?
The job description should provide a brief overview of the organization and the job duties for which the Major Gifts Officer is responsible. Some important areas to cover in the job description include:
What should I include in the job listing’s requirements and qualifications?
Notably, the required qualifications and qualifications are two different things. The former would detail the bare minimum – the attributes and the experience without which an applicant could not be considered for the role. The qualifications should include requirements that would be ideal but not mandatory for someone to excel at the role.
What are the qualities of an ideal Major Gifts Officer?
The ideal Major Gifts Officer should have several qualities that would make them an excellent candidate for this role, such as:
Creating a job posting for a Major Gifts Officer can be challenging, but with some careful thought and planning, you can attract the right kind of candidates for your organization.