As an Order Puller, you will pull and pack items for shipment from warehouse inventory. You will report to the Warehousing Manager and ensure that all items are handled with care and that their movements are accurately documented.
- Read and understand work orders, customer orders, shipping orders, or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed
- Convey materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or other designated areas
- Record amounts of items received or distributed
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code
- Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves, or relocate orders to a holding area or shipping department
- Mark materials with identifying information using appropriate method
- Open crates, boxes, and other containers to enable movement of items
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- High school diploma or equivalent; vocational or technical training preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in an order pulling, packing, or shipping role
- Physically fit to lift and move heavy boxes or items
- Ability to operate forklifts, pallet jacks, and other material handling equipment (training will be provided)
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to accurately count and document inventory movements
- Effective time management skills, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A positive attitude and willingness to work as part of a team to achieve common goals
IntroductionIf you're looking to hire an order puller for your business, it's important to create a job posting that will attract the right candidates. An effective job posting should clearly outline the duties and requirements of the position, as well as highlight the benefits of working for your company. Here are some tips for creating an order puller job posting that will get noticed.
Job Title and Description
The first step in creating a job posting is to come up with a job title that accurately reflects the duties of the position. For an order puller, you might consider titles such as "Warehouse Order Puller" or "Inventory Control Clerk".
The job description should provide a detailed overview of what the order puller will be responsible for. This might include tasks such as:
- Pulling and packing orders
- Organizing inventory
- Maintaining cleanliness in the warehouse
- Using equipment such as forklifts and pallet jacks
It's also important to include any physical requirements of the job, such as the need to lift heavy objects or work in a standing position for long periods of time.
Qualifications and Skills
In order to attract the right candidates, your job posting should clearly outline the qualifications and skills required for the position. Some common requirements for order puller positions might include:
- Prior warehouse or inventory experience
- Ability to read and interpret packing slips and invoices
- Familiarity with warehouse management systems
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
You may also want to include any preferred qualifications or skills, such as experience with specific types of equipment or software.
Benefits and Perks
In order to attract top talent, it's important to highlight the benefits and perks of working for your company. This might include things like:
- Competitive pay and benefits packages
- Opportunities for advancement
- A positive work environment
- Employee discounts or incentives
Be sure to emphasize how working for your company can be a rewarding and fulfilling experience.
Creating a job posting for an order puller is all about being clear and concise about what you're looking for. By outlining the job duties, qualifications, and benefits of the position, you can attract the right candidates and build a strong team for your business.
What is an Order Puller?
An Order Puller is a warehouse worker who is responsible for retrieving products from storage shelves and preparing them for shipping to customers.
What are the responsibilities of an Order Puller?
What are the requirements for an Order Puller?
What skills should I look for in an Order Puller?
What is the salary range for an Order Puller?
The salary range for an Order Puller can vary depending on location, experience, and the company you are hiring for. Generally, the salary range is between $20,000 and $40,000 per year.