- Deliver parts to technicians in a timely manner
- Keep inventory organized and up-to-date
- Take orders from technicians and place orders with vendors as needed
- Assist with any other tasks as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- This is a physical job that requires standing, walking and driving throughout the day
- You may be exposed to loud noises and potentially hazardous materials
- Flexibility with schedule is necessary as some overtime may be required
A parts runner is an important role within many businesses that rely on a constant influx of supplies and parts. The main duty of a parts runner is to deliver parts and supplies to different departments, factories or warehouses within a timely manner. If you are looking to hire a reliable and efficient parts runner for your business, it is important to create a job posting that effectively communicates the requirements and expectations of the job. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to create a parts runner job posting that gets results.
Job Title and Description
- Pick and deliver parts and supplies to different departments or warehouses
- Ensure items are properly packaged and labeled for transport
- Load and unload parts and supplies as needed
- Maintain inventory records and communicate with department heads to ensure adequate stock levels
- Drive company-owned vehicles following all safety protocols
Required Skills and Qualifications
- A valid driver's license with a clean driving record
- Ability to lift heavy objects and stand for extended periods of time
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with other team members and department heads
- High school diploma or equivalent
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in warehouse or supply chain operations
- A degree in logistics or a related field
- Forklift certification
- A basic understanding of computer systems and inventory management software
Company Culture and Benefits
- Flexible scheduling or remote working options
- Health insurance coverage or retirement plans
- Ongoing training or opportunities for career advancement
By following these steps, you can create an effective job posting for a parts runner that will attract top talent to your business. Remember to be clear and concise with your job description, and highlight the necessary skills and qualifications. Additionally, be sure to list any company perks or benefits to make your business stand out to potential candidates. Best of luck in your search for a new parts runner!
What is a Parts Runner job posting?
A Parts Runner job posting is a job advertisement that seeks to hire an individual responsible for delivering parts and supplies to a particular work location. This job is common in manufacturing companies, auto shops, and warehouses where the availability of parts is critical in keeping the operation running smoothly.
What are the key responsibilities of a Parts Runner?
How do I determine the qualifications required for Parts Runner?
The qualification requirements for a Parts Runner vary depending on the company's policies and the nature of the job. However, key qualifications may include:
What information should be included in a Parts Runner job posting?
The following details should be included in a Parts Runner job posting:
How do I create an effective Parts Runner job posting?
Here are some tips that can help you create an effective Parts Runner job posting: