- Assist in managing all aspects of real estate office
- Handle phone calls, emails, and other correspondence
- Coordinate and schedule appointments and meetings
- Maintain filing systems and databases
- Enter data into software systems and keep records up-to-date
- Process paperwork and ensure compliance with legal requirements
- Assist with marketing and advertising efforts
- Provide excellent customer service to clients
- Prior administrative experience in a real estate office preferred
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other software systems
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks effectively
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with marketing and social media a plus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- High school diploma or equivalent required, college degree preferred
- Ability to sit, stand, and move around office for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and move office supplies and equipment up to 25 pounds
As a real estate agency, administrative tasks are just as important as property sales. To have a smooth operation, you need a reliable and skilled administrative assistant. As you draft a job posting for a real estate administrative assistant, there are some essential elements you should include to attract the best candidates.
You want your job title to be straightforward and informative, so job seekers can quickly determine whether they meet your qualifications. A basic example of a job title you can use is "Real Estate Administrative Assistant".
Your job summary should describe the main responsibilities and requirements of the job. Start with a brief explanation of what your agency does, then move on to specific duties and qualifications of the job seeker. Make it clear if this is a full-time or part-time position.
- Answering phone calls, emails, and texts from clients and colleagues
- Assisting agents in listing properties and setting up appointments
- Handling office management duties such as filing, ordering office supplies, and maintaining calendars
- Assisting in preparing documents and contracts
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills, be able to multitask, and pay attention to detail
This section should list the specific requirements that candidates must have to be considered for this position. These should include any educational requirements or specific abilities or certifications.
- High School Diploma
- Experience in a similar administrative role
- Routine computer knowledge, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs and online calendar systems.
- Great communication and customer service skills
- Organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to complete projects independently and manage priorities.
The company information should be a brief summary of your agency with a link to your website. Include the company's business hours and location.
- Brief summary of your agency
- Business hours
How to Apply
Here you should provide the details of how job seekers can apply for the position.
- Include an email address where applicants can submit their resumes and cover letters
- Specify the application deadline, if applicable
- Include any other instructions you have for sending in applications
Creating an attractive and well-written real estate administrative assistant job posting is crucial to attracting qualified candidates for your agency. By including all of the necessary information and using clear, concise language, you can find the perfect administrative assistant for your needs.
What qualifications should I look for in a Real Estate Administrative Assistant?
An ideal candidate for this position should possess excellent communication and organizational skills. They should have a strong knowledge of computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Additionally, experience in real estate is a plus but not always required.
What are the primary responsibilities of a Real Estate Administrative Assistant?
What are the necessary soft skills that a Real Estate Administrative Assistant should possess?
A Real Estate Administrative Assistant should have strong attention to detail, be able to multi-task and remain organized under pressure. They should be able to communicate effectively with all parties involved in a transaction and have excellent customer service skills as they will be representing the company.
How important is experience of the Real Estate Administrative Assistant?
Experience in real estate is a plus but not always required, as long as they have transferable skills that are applicable to the role. Excellent organizational skills, professionalism, and communication skills are more important than previous real estate experience when it comes to being an effective administrative assistant in the real estate industry.
What should I include in the job description for a Real Estate Administrative Assistant?
How can I evaluate applicants for the Real Estate Administrative Assistant position?
You should assess the applicant's communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills. Conducting a behavioral interview will help you evaluate these soft skills. Additionally, you can ask for references from previous employers or discuss examples of tasks they have completed in their previous work experience.