Our organization is seeking a Recreation Coordinator to plan, coordinate, and execute recreational activities for various groups. The Recreation Coordinator will work in collaboration with community leaders, volunteers, and other stakeholders to organize events, classes, and other activities that engage individuals and families in healthy and fun activities.
- Develop, implement and evaluate recreation programs and services for various target groups.
- Create and manage budgets for recreation activities.
- Assist in developing and implementing strategies to promote and market recreation programs and events.
- Facilitate communication with program partners and sponsors.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of participants by providing guidance and enforcing safety standards.
- Develop and maintain participant databases, collect and analyze program feedback, and make recommendations for future programming.
- Analyze trends in recreation programming and make recommendations accordingly.
- Represent the organization at community events and activities.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in recreation, parks, or a related field.
- 2+ years of experience in recreation coordination, event planning, or a related field.
- Experience working with diverse groups of people and ages.
- Project management skills including budgeting, organizing, and coordinating activities and events.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Leadership skills to manage volunteers and staff.
- Knowledge of safety standards and emergency procedures related to recreation activities.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work in various weather conditions
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
In order to attract the best candidates for your open Recreation Coordinator position, you will need to create a job posting that is both informative and engaging. A well-written job posting will not only help you stand out from the competition but also provide potential candidates with a clear understanding of the position and its responsibilities. Here are some tips to help you create an effective Recreation Coordinator job posting.
Job Title and Overview
The job title should clearly state the position you’re hiring for, in this case, Recreation Coordinator. Next, provide a brief overview of the position, outlining the responsibilities, qualifications and experience required. This is your chance to make a strong first impression, so be sure to make the description as compelling and informative as possible.
Outline the day-to-day responsibilities and duties of the Recreation Coordinator position, including but not limited to:
- Developing and implementing recreational programs and activities for all age groups.
- Coordinating and overseeing facility bookings and rentals.
- Creating and managing budgets to support various recreational programs and activities.
- Hiring, training, and supervising staff and volunteers.
- Ensuring facilities are well-maintained and equipment is in good working order.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with community partners, stakeholders, and sponsors.
Qualifications and Experience
In this section, you should outline the specific qualifications and experience required to be considered for the Recreation Coordinator position. This may include:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Recreation Management, Physical Education, or a related field.
- Experience planning and coordinating recreational programs and activities.
- Experience managing budgets and supervising staff and volunteers.
- A valid driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
Salary and Benefits
Including information about salary and benefits is an important factor in attracting qualified candidates. Be sure to provide a salary range and any additional benefits that come with the position such as health insurance, retirement savings plans, and vacation and sick time.
Creating an effective Recreation Coordinator job posting takes time and effort, but it is an essential component of any successful recruitment campaign. By following the tips outlined above, you can increase your chances of attracting the right candidate for the job and enhancing the overall success of your organization.
FAQs on Creating a Recreation Coordinator Job Posting
If you're looking to hire a Recreation Coordinator for your organization, you need to create a compelling job posting that will attract qualified candidates. Below are some frequently asked questions on creating a great Recreation Coordinator job posting:
What are the key responsibilities of a Recreation Coordinator?
A Recreation Coordinator plans, organizes, and coordinates recreational activities for individuals or groups. This may include organizing sports leagues, coordinating community events, planning and leading trips and outings, and managing facilities like community centers or parks.
What qualifications should I look for in a Recreation Coordinator?
Most Recreation Coordinator positions require a bachelor's degree in recreation, sports management, or a related field. Candidates should also have experience planning and implementing recreational activities, strong communication and organizational skills, and the ability to work with diverse groups of people.
What are some key things I should highlight in the job posting?
Be sure to include a clear job title and summary of the position, as well as the key responsibilities and qualifications. You should also provide information on the organization, including its mission and values, as well as any opportunities for professional development or advancement.
What are some tips for writing an effective job posting?
Make sure the job posting is clear and concise, and free of any grammatical or spelling errors. Use bullet points to break up information and make it easy to read. Be sure to include a call to action at the end of the posting, encouraging qualified candidates to apply.
How can I make my job posting stand out?
You can make your job posting stand out by being creative with your language and incorporating images or videos. You can also emphasize the benefits of working for your organization, such as a competitive salary or a great company culture.