The SharePoint Administrator is responsible for the configuration, maintenance, and overall management of the company's SharePoint platform. This includes ensuring the system remains secure, up-to-date, and fully functional for all users.
- Perform regular system updates, ensuring the software is up-to-date and fully functional
- Set up and configure new SharePoint sites, subsites, and permissions as needed
- Monitor system performance, specifically identifying and resolving any errors or issues
- Create and modify workflows, lists, and web parts to meet user needs
- Collaborate with other IT team members to create custom solutions as needed
- Provide training and support to end-users on how to use SharePoint functionality
- Manage SharePoint backups and recovery processes to ensure company data is protected
- Perform regular system audits to ensure data integrity and security
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with SharePoint 2010/2013/2016/Online
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Experience implementing SharePoint best practices for performance, security, and reliability
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently and on cross-functional teams
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Creating a job posting to hire a SharePoint Administrator is not an easy task. There are many essential skills and qualifications that you should look for in a candidate. To make your job easier, we have created a list of tips for you to follow when creating your SharePoint Administrator job posting.
Job Title and Summary
The job title and summary should be clear and concise. Use a title that accurately reflects the role such as "SharePoint Administrator". In the summary, describe the role and what the candidate will be responsible for.
Required Skills and Qualifications
A SharePoint Administrator should have a set of core competencies that should be highlighted in the job posting. These core competencies will vary based on your organization's specific needs. Here are some examples:
Education and Certifications
While education and certifications are not the most important factors in hiring a SharePoint Administrator, there are some certifications that can be helpful. Some certifications to mention in your job posting are:
Experience and Skills
Experience is crucial for a SharePoint Administrator. Here are some experience-based skills to mention in your job posting:
Your job posting should end with clear instructions on how to apply and any other relevant information, such as salary range and benefits. Remember that attracting the right candidate is a process that takes time and effort. By following the tips outlined in this article, you can create a compelling job posting that will attract highly qualified SharePoint Administrator candidates to your company.
Frequently Asked Questions on Creating SharePoint Administrator Job Posting
When creating a SharePoint Administrator job posting, it's essential to provide potential candidates with a clear and concise description of the role you're hiring for. Here are some frequently asked questions to help guide you in creating an effective job posting:
What should I include in a SharePoint Administrator job posting?
Your SharePoint Administrator job posting should provide a detailed description of the role, including daily responsibilities, necessary qualifications, and desirable skills. It should also mention the company culture and any benefits offered.
How do I make my job posting stand out?
To make your SharePoint Administrator job posting stand out, you need to make it visually appealing, concise, and engaging. You can achieve this with the following tips:
How do I attract the right candidates?
To attract the right candidates to your SharePoint Administrator job posting, you must be specific about the qualifications and experience required. Here are some tips to help you achieve that:
How do I make my job posting inclusive and diverse?
Making your SharePoint Administrator job posting inclusive and diverse is essential to attract a wider pool of candidates. Here are some tips to help you achieve that:
Creating an effective SharePoint Administrator job posting takes time and effort, but by following the tips outlined above, you'll be on your way to attracting the right candidates to fill the role.