Our fashion and style team is on the lookout for a talented Stylist Assistant to join our team. The successful candidate will provide crucial support to our Head Stylist with the ultimate goal of creating unique and stylish looks for photo shoots, fashion shows, and other events.
- Assist the Head Stylist in selecting clothing and accessories for models and clients
- Prepare garments and accessories for photo shoots and fashion shows
- Assist with styling hair and makeup for clients and models
- Participate in brainstorming sessions for new looks and themes
- Assist with set design and decoration
- Perform clothing and accessory inventory management
- Arrange and maintain the studio and equipment
- Develop and maintain relationships with boutique owners and designers
- Assist with social media and marketing campaigns
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Head Stylist
- Bachelor's degree in fashion, design, or related field
- Experience in fashion styling and/or photography
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Flexibility to work long hours and weekends when necessary
If you are a creative individual with an eye for fashion and design, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. We offer a competitive salary, opportunities for growth and advancement, and a positive and collaborative work environment.
As a stylist, you likely have a lot on your plate. In order to make your work more efficient and effective, you may consider hiring a stylist assistant to help you with tasks such as client consultations, studio organization, styling sessions, and more. However, finding the right assistant can be a challenge, and that’s where job postings come in.
Steps to creating a stylist assistant job posting
If you’re ready to start the process of finding a stylist assistant, here are some steps to help you create a job posting that will attract the right candidates:
Step 1: Determine your requirements
Having a clear understanding of your requirements will make it easier to write a job posting that accurately reflects the needs of your business.
Step 2: Write a compelling job title and summary
The job title and summary are the first things candidates will see, so it’s important to make them clear and appealing. Your job title should accurately reflect the role, while the summary should give a brief overview of what the job entails and what you’re looking for in a candidate.
Step 3: Write a detailed job description
The goal is to give candidates a clear understanding of what the job entails so they can determine if they’re a good fit.
Step 4: Include application instructions
In this section, you should outline the requirements for how candidates can apply for the position.
Having clear and concise application instructions helps ensure all candidates are treated fairly and consistently throughout the application process.
Step 5: Review and edit the job posting
Before you post the job online, it's essential to read through the job description and requirements to ensure that it's clear and concise, and that there are no discrepancies. You don't want to attract candidates who don't have the right qualifications or aren't interested in your business' core values.
Writing a job posting for a stylist assistant doesn't have to be difficult, but it does require some consideration for your business needs as well as the needs of your potential candidate. By following these simple steps, you can create a job posting that attracts the best candidates and makes the most of your business's time and resources.
What qualifications should I look for in a Stylist Assistant?
A Stylist Assistant should have knowledge and experience in the field of fashion styling, including understanding of trends, garment construction, and outfit coordination. They should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as knowledge of photo shoots and set productions.
What are the primary duties of a Stylist Assistant?
What level of education is necessary for a Stylist Assistant?
While no formal education is required for this position, many employers prefer candidates who have a degree in fashion design or a related field. Additionally, experience in the fashion industry or as a personal stylist can be beneficial.
How do I ensure that my job posting attracts the right candidates?
Be sure to include clear expectations and requirements in your job description, including any necessary skills or experience. Additionally, including information about your company culture and any perks or benefits can help attract the right candidates.