A Tankerman is responsible for the transfer of liquid cargo from the vessel to the terminal or vice versa. They ensure that the tanks are properly loaded and unloaded, monitor the cargo during the transfer process, and communicate with the vessel's crew and the terminal operator.
- Assist in the loading and unloading of liquid cargo
- Monitor the cargo transfer process and ensure that it is done safely and efficiently
- Communicate with the vessel's crew and the terminal operator before and during the transfer process
- Perform pre-transfer and post-transfer checks on the tanks and the equipment
- Ensure that all safety procedures are followed during the transfer process
- Maintain accurate records of the cargo transfer
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Tankerman PIC certification
- Experience in the transfer of liquid cargo preferred
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Job Title and Summary
Skills and Qualifications
Salary and Benefits
FAQs on Creating Tankerman Job Posting
If you are a maritime company searching for a well-qualified Tankerman to join your team, then creating a job posting is a necessary step. Job postings are the perfect platform for reaching potential candidates who possess the right skills and experience acquired in oil and gas industries. Here are some frequently asked questions on creating a Tankerman job posting.
1. What should I include in a Tankerman job posting?
2. How do I create an attractive Tankerman job posting?
Aside from including the essential elements of a job posting, ensure the job description is clear, concise, and easy to understand. The post should catch the attention of potential candidates and highlight what makes your opportunity better than others in the same industry. Also, use keywords related to the skill sets you are looking for.
3. Can I mention the shoreside location in Tankerman job posting?
Yes, it's essential to mention the area of the work location when creating a Tankerman job posting. Most candidates are interested in knowing the location and proximity to their homes. With the location mentioned, potential candidates can know if the opportunity suits them or not.
4. How long should a Tankerman job posting be available?
It's advisable to keep the job posting open for at least two weeks. This period will allow your promotional channels to reach different platforms that candidates utilize, which will ensure maximum exposure of the job posting. However, in situations where you get a pool of talented candidates before the end of two weeks, you can close the job posting and initiate the recruitment process.
5. Can I create a Tankerman job posting and identify a specific gender for the role?
No. It is illegal and considered discriminatory to include gender in a job posting. A job posting must be open and equal to everyone who meets the required qualifications and experience for the role. Discriminatory job advertisement is prohibited by law and violates Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) guidelines.
6. Can I ask for specific experience levels in Tankerman job posting?
Yes. Being specific and clear about the required experience level is allowed. However, ensure that the experience levels are reasonable and achievable. Otherwise, this could limit the pool of potential candidates and, in some cases, cause a shortage of qualified applicants.
Creating a Tankerman job posting is crucial in reaching the best-suited candidate for the role. The process is straightforward, and it’s essential to ensure that you follow the above guidelines for creating the perfect job post.