We are currently seeking a Technical Sales Representative to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for selling the company's technical products and services to customers. You will work closely with the sales team to develop new business opportunities and maintain existing client relationships.
- Identify and qualify new leads through research, networking, and referrals
- Create and deliver sales presentations to clients
- Present technical information about products and services to customers
- Collaborate with sales team members to develop proposals and close deals
- Manage customer accounts and maintain relationships to ensure customer satisfaction
- Provide feedback to the product development team regarding customer needs and product suggestions
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or business-related field
- 3+ years of experience in technical sales
- Ability to understand and present technical information to customers in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in MS Office and CRM software
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
If you are a self-starter who is passionate about technology and customer service, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity to join our growing team.
Technical Sales Representatives are responsible for selling technical products and services to businesses, organizations, and individuals. They typically have a background in engineering, computer science, or a related field, and possess excellent communication and negotiation skills. If you need to hire a Technical Sales Representative, it's crucial to write a job posting that attracts the right candidates.
The first step in creating a Technical Sales Representative job posting is to define the key responsibilities of the role. Examples of responsibilities could include:
Next, you'll want to outline the required qualifications for the role. Some examples might include:
In addition to required qualifications, it's a good idea to include any desired qualifications that would make a candidate stand out. Examples could include:
Finally, you'll want to include a brief overview of your company, highlighting what makes it a great place to work. This can help attract candidates who share your company's values and culture. Examples might include:
Writing a strong Technical Sales Representative job posting is key to attracting the right candidates for your open position. By defining key responsibilities, required qualifications, desired qualifications, and providing a company overview, you can increase your chances of finding the perfect candidate for the job.
What are the key responsibilities of a Technical Sales Representative?
A Technical Sales Representative is responsible for finding and developing new customers and also maintaining relationships with existing customers. They assist customers with technical issues and recommend products that suit their needs. Technical Sales Representatives also create sales reports and forecasts, attend industry events and training sessions, and provide feedback to management regarding customer needs and industry trends.
What qualifications do I need to look for in a Technical Sales Representative?
The ideal Technical Sales Representative should possess a degree in a technical field such as engineering or computer science, and have experience in sales. They should have excellent communication and sales skills, strong technical knowledge, and be able to work independently while consistently meeting and exceeding sales targets.
What experience should a Technical Sales Representative have?
A Technical Sales Representative should have experience selling technical products or services, and be able to understand the technical aspects of the products they are selling. They should also have experience in cold calling, lead generation, and pipeline management. It would be beneficial if they have experience in the industry that the company operates in.
What are some of the key traits that a good Technical Sales Representative should demonstrate?
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to find and develop new business opportunities
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Expert knowledge of the products or services being sold
What types of companies usually employ Technical Sales Representatives?
Companies that specialize in selling technical products or services such as software, hardware, and engineering services usually employ Technical Sales Representatives. These companies can be both small and large, and could be in various industries such as healthcare, automotive, consumer electronics, and more.
What should I include in the job description when creating a Technical Sales Representative job posting?
The job description should include a detailed list of the key responsibilities, qualifications, and experience required for the role. It should also mention the industry the company operates in, and any sales targets that the Technical Sales Representative will be expected to meet. Additionally, include information about the benefits offered with the position, such as health insurance, 401k, PTO, commissions or bonuses, and any training opportunities offered by the company.