As a Telephone Triage Nurse, you will provide non-emergent medical advice and assistance to patients via telephone. You will assess patients' symptoms and provide appropriate instructions for care to prevent emergency room visits and hospitalizations. You will utilize your nursing experience to provide clinical consultation, support healthcare providers and help patients manage their healthcare needs. Additionally, you will coordinate with healthcare professionals to ensure that patients receive appropriate and timely medical attention.
- Assess patients' symptoms and provide medical advice over the phone.
- Provide clear and concise instructions on how to care for symptoms, and when necessary, schedule appointments with healthcare providers.
- Triage patients and escalate urgent cases to an emergency department or other medical professionals as needed.
- Maintain accurate documentation of patient charts and calls in electronic medical records.
- Collaborate with healthcare providers to ensure continuity of care for patients.
- Conduct follow-up calls to ensure that patients are adhering to care plans and that their symptoms improve.
- Stay up-to-date with healthcare regulations, policies, and procedures to ensure compliance with relevant standards and best practices.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing and active RN license.
- Minimum of 2 years of nursing experience with demonstrated clinical decision-making and triage experience, preferably in a telephone triage setting.
- Strong verbal communication, active listening, and customer service skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong understanding of medical terminology, current clinical standards, and general medicine.
- Familiarity with electronic medical records (EMR) and basic computer skills.
If you are looking to hire a Telephone Triage Nurse for your organization, creating an effective job posting is the first step. A well-crafted job posting will help you attract the right candidates, showcase your company culture and expectations, and ensure you receive quality applications.
Job Title and Objective
Your job title should be clear and concise. Use "Telephone Triage Nurse" as the job title, and make sure it is descriptive enough to attract the right candidates. The objective of the job posting is to highlight the duties, qualifications and experience necessary for the role.
Begin with a brief summary of the job, the responsibilities, and expectations. Focus on the essential duties, such as providing telephone triage services to patients or clients, assessing their medical needs, and determining the appropriate level of care. Mention any additional duties, such as documentation, referrals and follow-ups.
Also, mention the required qualifications such as a nursing degree, specific licenses, certifications or previous experience. List any additional skills or characteristics that would make an ideal candidate, such as excellent communication and decision-making skills, ability to work independently, and strong organization and time-management skills.
Company Culture and Benefits
Your job posting should reflect your organization's culture and values, so make sure to mention what makes your company a great place to work. Highlight any employee benefits, such as health insurance, retirement plans, or paid time off. Mention any opportunities for growth, such as continuing education or training.
Include clear instructions on how to apply for the position. Provide an email or website link, and specify if you want to receive a resume, a cover letter or both. Set a deadline for applications and provide an estimate of when you will be making your decision.
A thorough, well-written job posting can help you find the best candidate for the telephone triage nurse role. Be clear and concise about the job duties, qualifications, and skills, and provide a detailed description of what you are looking for. Finally, showcase your company culture and benefits to entice potential candidates to apply.
Frequently Asked Questions on Creating Telephone Triage Nurse Job Posting
What is a Telephone Triage Nurse?
A Telephone Triage Nurse provides clinical support to patients over the phone. They evaluate patient symptoms and advise them on the appropriate course of action.