We are seeking an Unarmed Security Guard to maintain a safe and secure environment for our clients and visitors. The Unarmed Security Guard will enforce rules, policies, and regulations to ensure the protection of property and assets. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, be highly observant, and able to handle difficult situations calmly and professionally.
- Patrol premises regularly to maintain order and establish a visible presence to deter any illegal or inappropriate activity.
- Monitor and authorize the entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of the premises.
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual incidents.
- Investigate and report any suspicious activities or persons to authorities.
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Calmly and professionally diffuse potentially volatile situations and report any security breaches or safety hazards.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Proven work experience as an Unarmed Security Guard or relevant position.
- Valid security license or ability to obtain one.
- Ability to stand, walk, and/or sit for extended periods.
- Excellent communication and observation skills with the ability to handle high-stress situations calmly and professionally.
- Flexibility to work various shifts, including weekends and holidays.
As a security company, you need to ensure the security personnel you hire are highly skilled and qualified for the job. If you are looking to hire an unarmed security guard, creating a well-written job posting is essential to attract the best potential candidates. In this article, we will walk you through the steps to create an effective job posting for an unarmed security guard position.
Job Title and Summary
The first step to creating a job posting for an unarmed security guard is to establish an accurate job title and a clear job summary. For your job title, consider using straightforward language that is easy to understand such as "Unarmed Security Guard." Your job summary should provide an accurate and concise description of the job including the responsibilities and the qualifications required.
When outlining the responsibilities of the unarmed security guard, be as specific as possible. Use bullet points with
The qualifications for an unarmed security guard should be clear and specific. Remember to mention the type of certification required and any prior experience necessary. Here are some qualifications to consider:
Benefits and Salary
Make sure to provide information on the benefits and salary offered. Mention the range of the salary, including any additional benefits such as health insurance, vacation time or retirement plans. Providing such information can attract a better pool of candidates and give them a better sense of the company culture.
Creating a job posting for an unarmed security guard is important to attract qualified personnel to ensure that your premises are safe and secure. By following the above steps and using engaging language and bullet points, you can make sure that your job posting is clear, concise and attractive to potential candidates.
What are the general requirements for an Unarmed Security Guard position?
Basic requirements may include being at least 18 years old or older, having a high school diploma or equivalent, and being physically fit. Some employers may also require applicants to hold a valid driver's license and pass a drug screening.
What are some essential responsibilities of an Unarmed Security Guard?
What skills and qualities are necessary for an Unarmed Security Guard position?
An ideal candidate for an Unarmed Security Guard position should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as they must interact with a wide range of people. They should also be able to think clearly and respond quickly in emergency situations. Additionally, an Unarmed Security Guard should be detail-oriented, responsible, and able to work independently or as part of a team.
What is the typical work schedule for an Unarmed Security Guard?
Many Unarmed Security Guards work in shifts, including overnight and weekends. Some employers may require the flexibility to work additional hours, depending on the needs of the job.
What benefits are commonly offered for Unarmed Security Guard positions?
Is prior experience required for an Unarmed Security Guard position?
Prior experience is not always required, as many employers offer on-the-job training. However, having experience in related fields such as law enforcement, the military, or private security can increase a candidate's chances of being hired.